What armour type are these bracers?
Home > Forum Index > General Game Discussions > What armour type are these bracers?

Zalderia987
I'm looking to order a pair of bracers to use as half limbs, but I would like to know type they would quality as. Ie, soft/studded or chain/mix or rigid?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B011TUFU3Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Reply with quote  Back to top

jay
That's soft/studded.
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:42 pm

Zalderia987
I've got a follow up question.

Can I wear these braces to next game without any tags and not take any mechanical benefits? I'll need to buy the tags IG and that could take a month, but I'd like to try them out and see how they feel during game.
Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:26 am

Zalderia987
I understand. I'll get the tags first.
Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:57 am

Zalderia987
I just realized that I am, so I've sent in my character update sheet with new character equipment buying a pair of standard half limbs.
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Zalderia987
Another follow up question.

I want to bring a cape/cloak to game to wear as part of my outfit. Does it need to be tagged?
Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 am

Zalderia987
If I have a magic item, do I need to be physically touching it for me to benefit from its effect? Or can I just have it in my pocket?
Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Cosmos Riot
Owner Web Master Head of Logistics
For magic items, you need to be physically wielding the item as it was intended to benefit from the enchantments on them; jewelry and armor magic items need to be worn, weapon magic items need to be in your hand, etc.

The only exception is if your magic item is Spirit Linked, which is a separate enchantment that prevents the item from moving further than 6 feet from you and no one else can use the enchantments on it but you. If your item is Spirit Linked then the enchantments may affect your character even if you are not wielding it.
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Zalderia987
Got it.

Another follow up question.

If I have a spirit linked item, can it be further enchanted with rituals? Also, can it be destroyed with the destroy skill?
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Cosmos Riot
Yes, the only thing that stops additional enchantments from going on to your item is a Permanence. And Yes.
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Renloth
Safety World
An item can be enchanted until a permanence ritual is applied to it (theoretically, anyway. The likelihood of something going wrong increases as the number of rituals is put into an item, simply because you are doing more rituals).

A magic item is indeed subject to Destroy, because it is still as Master crafted item. However, the person doing the destroy will take body loss for the event for doing so.
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Zalderia987
You mentioned that something wrong can happen. Can you give me a vague idea of what can happen?

What is body loss?
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Cosmos Riot
Certain things decrease the maximum body your character can have for the event. Using Destroy on a Magic Item is one of them. There is nothing that can remove the affects of Max Body Loss however it does go away after the event and your body is reset to normal when the next event starts.

As for the risk involved with rituals, I would say find out about them in game because it's more fun that way and there is no definitive negative side affect for a ritual that failed, it is always different and the scale varies based on how badly the ritual was performed, the level of the ritual, and how many enchantments are currently in the item.

Last edited by Cosmos Riot on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Cosmos Riot
Correction: Failing a Sunder Ritual will always result in the Archon sundering. That is the only guarantee that I know of.
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Zalderia987
Game is in a few weeks and I'm very excited about it so I was reading the book and strategizing.

Thank you for answering for all my questions. Can't wait!
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Expand Menu Rulebook Game Setting Character Management Forum Log InRegister
close dialog Login

Forgot User ID or Password?

close dialog Register

By registering users agree to abide by this website's Terms of Use

close dialog Character Management

All requests to create a new character or make changes to existing characters is handled by emailing Logistics. When creating a new character or making significant changes to an existing character players should use the Character card maker. For more minor changes players may just describe the change that they wish to make, for example "I wish to spend 200 favor to buy Skill points, and use those skill points to buy 3 purchases of the Skill Reserve". The email should contain the player's name, and if it is an update to an existing character, the character name as it appears on the character card - Logistics may not be aware of which character a nick name goes to.

Players should also email Logistics with Character Production (Items the character is making with Skills such as Smith, Alchemist, or Spell Wright) for the upcoming month so that Logistics is able to make the Item Tags in advance. For example "I wish to use my 50 Smith production to make a standard crafted 1 handed weapon".

Production and Character Updates MUST be submitted no later than the Friday prior to the event in order to provide Logistics sufficient time to complete the request prior to event, unless Logistics has specifically announced a different policy for a specific event (for example, if events are only 2 weeks apart Logistics often allows submissions into the week of event).
close dialog Upcoming Events

Fri Jul 24 2020 to Sun Jul 26 2020

Fri Aug 28 2020 to Sun Aug 30 2020

Fri Sep 11 2020 to Sun Sep 13 2020

Fri Oct 30 2020 to Sun Nov 1 2020

Fri Dec 18 2020 to Sun Dec 20 2020

Fri Jan 22 2021 to Sun Jan 24 2021

Fri Feb 19 2021 to Sun Feb 21 2021

Fri Mar 19 2021 to Sun Mar 21 2021