June Event Safety Announcement
Home > Forum Index > Announcements > June Event Safety Announcement

Meg
Owner
Posting this on Trevor's behalf:

**Safety Announcement**

So I come to you all today in an attempt to better the chance of everyone having a good game with little to no injuries. I am testing out a few ideas with the Safety Team this event and this announcement is one of them. Essentially I am hoping to get a quick reminder out to everyone prior to game with relevant safety tips in it. Without further ado here we go.

This weekend we find ourselves at Sun Lakes and with that comes a few warnings. First is that it will be very hot during the day and fairly cold at night. Deserts are cool that way. Because of this it is important to bring garb that is appropriate for both hot and cold. It is highly recommended to drink specifically regular water as hydration. Anything carbonated can actually have an adverse effect and cause dehydration to increase. So please don’t drink soda all event and energy drinks should be drank at a minimum. Sports drinks are fine but water truly is best. The chance of heat stroke is very minimal in reality but nevertheless we want to avoid a trip to the ER.

Sunscreen should be worn at all times. Makeup does not protect you from the sun! If you are wearing makeup put sunscreen on first otherwise when you wash it off you might find you actually burned yourself and didn’t realize it. I will try to keep spray sunscreen on me but it is best if you have your own.

The site is very pretty and has a lot of places to explore. Do so but be aware of tripping hazards as there are a lot of rocky places to fall. That said I hear the top of the mesa has a wonderful view so if you are feeling adventurous it’s a good place to go. Finally Sun Lakes is home to many animals including snakes. They do not come out often but we have seen them in the past. If you do see a snake do not by any means approach it. Find one of the Executive Officers, the Operations Manager, someone from Safety, or someone specifically trained to deal with animals and they will handle it.

That just about wraps up the site specific announcement, so on to the event announcement. Have you ever tried to track down a ref to check your weapons but can’t find one of us? Running around site just to find Archie already went to the opposite end of site that you just came from? Well good news! I, as Deputy Head of Safety, will be hanging out before and after game start to check weapons at the logistics check in. I will be there specifically to check weapons so no more tracking down safety refs. This does not mean you have to have me check weapons. You may definitely throw your bag of weapons at Archie or Aaron if you so wish. But this should make things easier for everyone.

As this is not a new concept but I personally am new at this I would love your feedback on this announcement whether it be good or bad. If you can think of anything to add to this let me know and I will try to incorporate it into the next one if possible. One final note, the Safety Team is in need of more members! If you have ever thought you wanted to help at game with safety apply now! Applications can be found on the forums and the discord so do that. Have a good weekend everyone and please stay safe.

-Trevor
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Reply with quote  Back to top

Expand Menu Rulebook Game Setting Character Management Forum Log InRegister
close dialog Login

Forgot User ID or Password?

close dialog Register

By registering users agree to abide by this website's Terms of Use

close dialog Character Management

All requests to create a new character or make changes to existing characters is handled by emailing Logistics. When creating a new character or making significant changes to an existing character players should use the Character card maker. For more minor changes players may just describe the change that they wish to make, for example "I wish to spend 200 favor to buy Skill points, and use those skill points to buy 3 purchases of the Skill Reserve". The email should contain the player's name, and if it is an update to an existing character, the character name as it appears on the character card - Logistics may not be aware of which character a nick name goes to.

Players should also email Logistics with Character Production (Items the character is making with Skills such as Smith, Alchemist, or Spell Wright) for the upcoming month so that Logistics is able to make the Item Tags in advance. For example "I wish to use my 50 Smith production to make a standard crafted 1 handed weapon".

Production and Character Updates MUST be submitted no later than the Friday prior to the event in order to provide Logistics sufficient time to complete the request prior to event, unless Logistics has specifically announced a different policy for a specific event (for example, if events are only 2 weeks apart Logistics often allows submissions into the week of event).
close dialog Upcoming Events

Fri Aug 28 2020 to Sun Aug 30 2020

Fri Sep 11 2020 to Sun Sep 13 2020

Fri Oct 30 2020 to Sun Nov 1 2020

Fri Dec 18 2020 to Sun Dec 20 2020

Fri Jan 22 2021 to Sun Jan 24 2021

Fri Feb 19 2021 to Sun Feb 21 2021

Fri Mar 19 2021 to Sun Mar 21 2021