And Ray makes Three
Home > Forum Index > Announcements > And Ray makes Three

Josh
Web Master
We made an announcement at the end of last event that we then completely failed to repeat on the forums. Anna and I have asked Ray to join us as an owner, and he has agreed to do so. This decision is twofold. First, from a practical standpoint, a third owner would make things easier for Anna and me - she has the demands of an ambitious school schedule, and I have twin five year olds and a job that asks for a lot more than 40 hours a week. We also have some big projects on our plate Legacies wise (Anna and her team are making good progress on the game setting guide, and I cover the production of the rule books and the new website), and now Plot on top of all of that, so a third partner will definitely help.

Ray was chosen for a couple of reasons. First, I think it is fairly safe to say that he has the trust and respect of most of the players, and certainly Ann and my own. He brings very different perspectives to the role than Anna or I do (he has been here long enough that he "gets" Legacies, but doesn't have the danger that I, or even Anna, has of persisting with a component of Legacies just because we have spent so long with it that way that we have trouble thinking of it a different way), and a very different organizational discipline. His demeanor is a lot different from us, and I think its important to have some diversity in that to make it easier for players to approach one of us. Ray has done a tremendous job in role of Logistics, arguably the most consistently important, yet consistently tiring and demanding role within the game. Unlike the rest of us who have done that role and were basically "doing our time, so the game kept running", Ray has really embraced it. What struck me most though, was that Ray has worked to consistently make Logistics better - he wasn't content to simply run it the way it had been run. He has been improving the accounting aspect (the boring as crap aspect), doing things like thinking up and implementing little ideas like the Rules challenges and early turn in raffle, and most promising, picking up new skills *just* to improve the tooling around Logistics. A lot of that is transparent to the players, but the processes around Logistics have improved more in Ray's tenure than any analogous stretch of time (with, perhaps, the exception of the overhaul of the logistics database to actually not require calculations by hand, because that was stupid - but even then that only focused on making using the Legacies database a bit less loathsome. It didn't touch other aspects of the role). We are really looking forward to Ray making other similar improvements to the organization of the game

Also, we were pretty sure Ray would say yes

So please welcome him to the role.
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:32 am

Reply with quote  Back to top

Plazz
Huzzah!
Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:50 am

J Mo
HURRAY!!
Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Raven Lunatic
Congrats, Ray!
Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Expand Menu Rulebook Game Setting Character Management Forum Log InRegister
close dialog Login

Forgot User ID or Password?

close dialog Register

By registering users agree to abide by this website's Terms of Use

close dialog Character Management

All requests to create a new character or make changes to existing characters is handled by emailing Logistics. When creating a new character or making significant changes to an existing character players should use the Character card maker. For more minor changes players may just describe the change that they wish to make, for example "I wish to spend 200 favor to buy Skill points, and use those skill points to buy 3 purchases of the Skill Reserve". The email should contain the player's name, and if it is an update to an existing character, the character name as it appears on the character card - Logistics may not be aware of which character a nick name goes to.

Players should also email Logistics with Character Production (Items the character is making with Skills such as Smith, Alchemist, or Spell Wright) for the upcoming month so that Logistics is able to make the Item Tags in advance. For example "I wish to use my 50 Smith production to make a standard crafted 1 handed weapon".

Production and Character Updates MUST be submitted no later than the Friday prior to the event in order to provide Logistics sufficient time to complete the request prior to event, unless Logistics has specifically announced a different policy for a specific event (for example, if events are only 2 weeks apart Logistics often allows submissions into the week of event).
close dialog Upcoming Events