January 2019 - What's the worst that (could) happen? View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Lunatic
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: January 2019 - What's the worst that (could) happen? Reply with quote

I AM THE GREAT RAVENOS and I'm claiming this month's topic start. Come join me in my crusade to cleanse the wastes!*

Post 'em if you got 'em!

*some conditions apply. Must be willing to become an undead abomination. Please supply own weapons and sense of self-righteousness. Offer not valid in reality.

www.sinistermetalworks.org
KawasakiNinja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The choice is yours, Raven..." Wink
Raven Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KawasakiNinja wrote:
"The choice is yours, Raven..." Wink

"No. No, it's not."

www.sinistermetalworks.org
markofshame

Logistics - Logistics
Head of Safety - Head of Safety

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! The big scary Endrani walked up to me and I totally forgot my papers at home. What am I, a poor unlicensed Trandafir, going to do? Stab them to death worked pretty well.

In hindsight, I am a little sad that my victory cry upon defeating the dragon was, "Hey guys, I got the turd!" Thank you Allen for making sure that Archie will never refer to those rocks as anything else.

I also learned that the best way to stop people from asking you things or trying to get you to do things is to respond with, "That sounds like a wonderful job for sober me."

It was super unfortunate that Death Wish kept tripping and falling onto my vials of vitriol, or hitting the back of his head on Marcus' fist. That man is going to clumsy his way into brain damage.
Memoria

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday night divination blows up in face. Now I have an un-targeted provoke on me so I am instantly in Crystal mode.
Being completely drunk as Memoria after a trandafir "tea party" and spent a lot of time on floor. Also accidentally stabbed Archie in back while drunk, oops.
Razz
Had fun being a vampire Memoria... during day time.... Almost got Sky to give my pie, but Ravenous wanted us all to go inside the tavern so there was no longer any point.
HappyHellJumper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Courage in the literally face of Death... Reply with quote

I'd like to thank everyone on Plot, the NPCs and the Thorn for one of the best hostile encounters I've ever had Smile Nothing is better than truly being challenged; challenge brings out the best in you and pushes you to be better.
Caldwyne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caldwyn had a pretty great weekend!

Raxxis reincarnation successful finally! Naturally Caldwyn thinks it's because she was in her scales this time, Clearly last time he was confused& "scared" away by an unknown dog-person standing in the ritual. Next time she'll just do that the FIRST time. More successful, less important rituals in the morning just cement that belief into her head.

Saturday was quite a busy day for Caldwyn in the tavern, too. Drinks, drinks, and more drinks! Caldwyn enjoyed running back & forth helping everyone, getting those completely unexpected sweet tips! (Though Elisa wishes she spent more time outside when it was light out and NOT raining)

Roean is a bad influence. And needs to NOT foist tasty alcohol onto other people, especially those of low tolerance. Caldwyn avoided getting drunk with the Gilded Thorn while they were partying, but once it's the ransom to pay for eating delicious chocolate brownies? She's a goner.

Sorry & thank you to all those around the campfire for putting up with her repetitive, drunken, fire-hypnotized ramblings, especially if you were one of the several people she used as pillows.

Skywind has zero tact. (Embarrassing, but hilarious.)

Then there was the dream-dragon fight. Caldwyn got to roar back in the face of a dragon, and lived to tell the tale. That's both super exciting and insanely stupid. "Caldwyn Cinderscale, superior dragon" (she'll get those wings one day, Archie!)

Ending the night by befriending a fiery phoenix & helping heal it was the icing on the cake for Caldwyn.
John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I finally got to attend a game again! So many new faces since last time I was able to be there!

Quintin's Weekend:

'Sips tea somewhere in Blackwater, reading a book, getting a very expensive pedicure.'

Asha's Weekend:

'Wanders an unnamed desert with attendants, seeking enlightenment.'

Koz's Weekend:

'Danger. Hide. Lock.

Light there. Go. Fire. Warm. Others. Words. Answer with signs. More words. Go to fire.

Watch fire. Safe. Wait. Others. More words. More others.

More others. Fight. Hurt. Others fight. Behind others. Fight more. Hurt. Rest. Heal. Fight.

Go. Hide. Wait.

Danger. Go to others. Watch. Wait. Danger. Fight. Strong fight. Hurt. Fight. Hurt. Rest. Helped? Hide. Helped?

Rest. Watch fire. Wait. Words. Signs. Words. Wait.

Danger? Signs. Dark? Danger. Hide. Wait. Dark. Wait. Others wait. Others words danger. Others wait. Hide.

"Dragon"? Danger? Fight. Dragon fight. Many fight. Dragon big danger. Fight. Strong fight. Attack. Attack. Attack. Dragon end.

Dragon end? Danger end? Yes. Words. Signs. Go hide. Rest. Lock. Hide.'

Seriously, this was a good game. Solid encounter design. Solid pacing. Good mix of combat and RP oriented NPCs.

In particular the boss fight with the dragon was excellent. Good design, nice props, well run. Between the minions on one side and a multi part boss on the other, many players of various levels were able to engage all at once and feel useful. In my opinion, it was everything a good boss fight should be.

I'm really glad I was able to be there and I hope I can be there again soon!

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch