Looking to make the temple relevant again View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerec
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Looking to make the temple relevant again Reply with quote

Greetings!!!!
Last game, for the most part, I noticed the Temple was left totally empty and open. I had heard that it was IG robbed a bunch.
Seeing as the character I play is a follower of Nul, I have decided to try and give it a purpose.
I am hoping to hold services, make it a safe haven for resurrections, create a clergy....

Anyone wanting to help please PM me

I have some mercs for protection, but I could use the following

LOCK
WARDS
A List & descriptions of the gods and goddesses (local please)
More people to be involved

I will be in early friday, talking to logistics, plot, immersion to see what I can do to help
Renloth

Plot - Plot
Safety - Safety
World - World/Character Ref

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you mean empty add in lacking people in it, as it was setup.

That being said, this should be taken care of in game and on the in game boards, as this forum is for questions and comments to and about the Immersion team and site wide Immersion efforts.

Last edited by Renloth on Thu May 19, 2016 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerec

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted in game as well... I was only posting here for the guide to the gods mostly... the set up in there was great, but it was sad to see no one really appreciating it
wildream

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the Game Setting Discussion section of the forums information was posted about a lot of the gods.
Josh

Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The temple didn't have any people in it" - "Let's put locks on it to keep people out"

Also, there were several of us in there for an hour and a half just discussing all of the different gods and different ways to conceptualize them. I'd caution against jumping to the conclusion that because you don't see it, then it doesn't happen
Jerec

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't my intention to go after the immersion group.

I was there for that discussion, it wasn't stimulating. It felt very artificial. Also as a player devout to a god/goddess I'm merely saying that it was disheartening to see that short window was all that the temple was being used.

Unfortunately my printer, has decided that it wanted to sunder... I was hoping someone had an old guide or something lying around
Josh

Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also as a player devout to a god/goddess I'm merely saying that it was disheartening to see that short window was all that the temple was being used

I think you missed my point - "This was all I saw" is not remotely the same as "That was all that happened". You aren't drawing from a very large sample of experiences to draw a conclusion from.

But philosophically I think you are taking the wrong approach with your request - it *seems* like you are asking others to provide you with a particular roleplay experience, when I think a better approach is to inquire what you can do to help generate the sort of experiences you are looking for. I don't think you are going to get much traction if you are trying to get people to volunteer to act as a clergy and congregation - we get clergy when a player WANTS to play that role, not when someone asks for that role to be filled
Jerec

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've talked with Anna about doing that exact thing... All I can say was I was around there a lot last game and that discussion was the only thing that happened that I saw or even heard about. I was hoping to get some help from immersion to make it easier for me to step up and help out (like finding a book of the gods/goddesses)
Renloth

Plot - Plot
Safety - Safety

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was Jerec's intention Josh. A post was made at the same time in the in game forums asking for help in the defense of the temple, and based on what had been written so far, Jerec intends to be clergy, so he doesn't seem to be asking anything unreasonable.

Jerec, ideally I think it would be nice to have clergy on hand for further interaction, but limited resources often prevent such a thing from happening. In world, the temple is a place that is up kept by the town (mostly off screen) and doesn't generally have a live in priest. Often players that are clergy or sometimes NPCs will host services, but it's often not regular.

I do know that some people have already been interested in caretaking the temple, so put some feelers out and you may find more.
Renloth

Plot - Plot
Safety - Safety

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to answer your question Jerec, the best answer can give at the moment is to look in the Players Guide, which can be found under Game Books in the Game tab at the top of the Legacies web site.
Jerec

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be camped out there this game.

I can find the info but unfortunately my printer decided it needed a vacation so I was hoping something existed already that I could borrow. Also even using a printer at work, the pages wouldnt be too immersive Sad

Its my hope that being there could actually help spur more of religion in game... Really making the storyteller's options go through the roof both in plot centered and non (like doing services, visiting higher ups in churches, weddings, more elaborate funerals for players)
Druinbeorge

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like, I can make some shrine-boxes for the temple or banners/cloth trailings. Most of what I can create is bamboo-based (structure) or cloth based (banner/clothing). Let me know what I can do!

Summer grass
all that remains
of Warriors dreams.

~Matsuo Basho
Jerec

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's up to Immersion and the staff LOL the temple is decorated and done pretty well. My concern is more the lack of people that are taking advantage of the work that went into it
Dwarfshark

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to setup your sleeping area in the temple, you can certainly add your own flair and some additional decorations.

In the past we've had several players with characters who were very interested and successful drawing others into RP centered around faith/religion (Brother William and Sister Abagail come to mind immediately). But be aware that it can take a long time for that to happen IG though.

So, please feel free to setup shop and proselytize IG. I think you'll find a more rewarding experience if you attempt to draw folks in vs a disappointing one if you sit in the temple waiting for patrons to come to you.

Be advised that you may well get into some heated discussions with characters IG over differing onions on the gods/dragon orders/non-believers, etc. So be prepared for IG push-back, it's not personal.

-- Calvin
Mary

Head of Immersion - Head Immersion Ref

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very interested in bringing"religion" back into the game. I am the immersion person that sets up the temple. The only reason my character, Abby, doesn't spend more time in the temple is due to Abby works in the tavern most the time. She will definitely be coming to the temple this event, as long as I won't be there alone. I've also been looking into maybe doing some service. But my chacter is not a clergyman but I won't mind looking into becoming one eventually.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch