Website Updates
Home > Forum Index > Website Development > Website Updates

Josh
Web Master
This will be an evolving list - for ease of reading I'll just update this specific post with progress updates (though it may be a bit sparse for a chunk of december as I get the new rulebook polished up)

Update - 2015 12 07

Update - 2015 12 21

Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Reply with quote  Back to top

Skywind
Is there a link to the new page I can't find it
Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:36 am

ToasterSquid
Look at announcements.
Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:05 am

Josh
Web Master
So I haven't posted here in quite a bit, but I haven't been sitting idle. I've been building a wiki to hold game setting information, and the effort is chugging along nicely. It doesn't really have content in it yet, but I have the functionality and website integration I was shooting for. It's now in the state where we can start putting content into it, and having people use it once we do. When there is anything to view other than a bunch of article that say "to do: add actual content" I'll update the status in the main post above. I'm traveling basically the entire second half of the month, so there won't be much of that work coming from me, but hopefully by the end of April people will be able to actively use the dev website for game setting information

On a different topic, one of the major (and deserved) criticisms of the current website (other than it looks like butt, especially on mobile devices) is the lack of pictures. The real sticking point for that has been the notion that we should have monthly photo albums, so that people can see what happened at each event. However getting high quality monthly pictures has always been a challenge (every once and a while someone will take a couple blurry cell phone shots), and I have been overcomplicating my design to tackle that. So instead of that, periodically I am going to bribe a dedicated photographer to wander site with a real camera, trying to capture both active scenes, as well as high quality staged shots (I have someone who has tentatively agreed to that). We will then do proper editing on the photos and have the gallery on the website not be representational of a particular event, but rather the best of the game as a whole (since I really see the purpose of the website photo gallery to sell the game to perspective players). For "what happened at event" photos, facebook is likely a better mechanism to share those
Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Skywind
There are not a lot of pictures because there is no way to take a picture with out braking character.

a lot of game happens under pour lighting conditions that would make for ugly pictures.

Good enough to see. sometimes I think dim lighting is better because it hides seems in makeup and the like that bright light makes vary visible.

Having a dedicated person walking around taking pictures could also pull people from the game. Cameras have flashes and pictures need to be posed for.

I like the idea of pictures Im just not exactly sure of the best way to get them
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Dan H
We have had this done before, and it has worked out very well. Usually the photographer is in mundanes with an orange head band. They stay out of the way and get pictures when they can.

Basically, we already have rules and a system set up for this and it works given the videos and pictures that are available for viewing.

For getting posed pictures, the photographer would just have to find people that are "between scenes" as it were.

End result. I like this.
Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:10 am

chaoswolf
Just my 2 copper's worth here, Shadow Accord's photographer usually had a PC, who stealthed the camera by concealing it in a pouch. If he saw something epic, he'd adjust the flash or take it during the day and catch a scene. No poses needed. We've had a blast coming up with captions occasionally.
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

wytenyte
Rules
I've taken some great pictures without flash during event. Obviously that omits some of the darkest opportunities but some stuff does happen during the day. Problem is mostly that when I am in character, I forget.
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 pm

chaoswolf
I asked the SA photographer for his secrets. He gave me a list of 'em and I will happily share if you like.
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 am

Expand Menu Rulebook Game Setting Character Management Forum Log InRegister
close dialog Login

Forgot User ID or Password?

close dialog Register

By registering users agree to abide by this website's Terms of Use

close dialog Character Management

All requests to create a new character or make changes to existing characters is handled by emailing Logistics. When creating a new character or making significant changes to an existing character players should use the Character card maker. For more minor changes players may just describe the change that they wish to make, for example "I wish to spend 200 favor to buy Skill points, and use those skill points to buy 3 purchases of the Skill Reserve". The email should contain the player's name, and if it is an update to an existing character, the character name as it appears on the character card - Logistics may not be aware of which character a nick name goes to.

Players should also email Logistics with Character Production (Items the character is making with Skills such as Smith, Alchemist, or Spell Wright) for the upcoming month so that Logistics is able to make the Item Tags in advance. For example "I wish to use my 50 Smith production to make a standard crafted 1 handed weapon".

Production and Character Updates MUST be submitted no later than the Friday prior to the event in order to provide Logistics sufficient time to complete the request prior to event, unless Logistics has specifically announced a different policy for a specific event (for example, if events are only 2 weeks apart Logistics often allows submissions into the week of event).
close dialog Upcoming Events