Celtic Costuming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paximus
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Celtic Costuming Reply with quote

I am bringing in a Celtic-esque character in the next several months and needed some costume ideas. He's sort of a jack of all trades type (so no straight druid robes) and I'm shooting for a more pre-christian Pict or Gael than a medieval Scottish Highlander (so Kilts and tartans are right out) and being that this is the winter, I do want to be partially clothed (for the time being).

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get some good ideas? I've done the basic Google process and not found anything to my liking.
jay
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look into plaids & stripes, and if you pick solid fabrics go with strong blues and yellows and greens. pre-kitls they still had clan tartans (usually wraps or cloaks, the kilt evolved from a belted cloak, actually), and before that they had strong plaids and geometric patterns woven into the cloth without assigning meaning to it. Wools & linens, mostly; they used leather sparingly, for boots and belts and tools and armour, and didn't tend to wear furs. T-tunics, loose pants, rectangular cloaks.

I am not afraid of the dark, for I am a light. The dark is afraid of me.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch