Full NPC's View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy
Name: login to view

Logistics - Logistics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought that that post by Josh was specifically that you need to communicate all that with Logistics and get Plot approval for that one specific case of paying event fee and full NPCing, so you can be sure to get rewarded properly.

Quote:
For those that pay but only NPC you can get blanket for one NPC, the normal 200 bribe, AND 180 bribe as a donation (since you effectively are paying to play a character but then donating all of your time to plot). The catch - YOU MUST COMMUNICATE ALL OF THIS CLEARLY TO LOGISTICS AT SIGN IN and at SIGN OUT and MUST HAVE PLOT APPROVAL. If logistics does not know that you were doing that they cannot award the person appropriately.

But for clarity, ALL full NPC's ALWAYS need to be approved by Plot before pre regging?
Fianna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. So the hourly rate for NPCing is 20 favor/hour, right? If full NPCs only get 200 favor, I guess the rest of the favor they would have earned is being paid in place of an entrance fee. Assuming you're conscious for at least 25 of the 42-ish game hours, full NPCs are basically earning 500 favor, paying 300 favor in place of their entrance fee, and keeping the last 200.

This amusingly implies a real-world price on favor, with 300 favor replacing a $45 entry fee. 300 favor / 45 dollars ~= 6.6 favor/dollar. This closely mirrors the 6 favor/dollar for donations up to $50, being essentially a 10% discount on the entry fee (if, of course, you could pay with favor rather than dollars).

Consequently, full NPCing isn't a particularly time-efficient way of gaining favor, nor does it cost noticeably less (in terms of all resources, not just dollars) than paying an entry fee. It is only an equitable exchange for those that enjoy NPCing as much or more than PCing, or those that want to participate but have no money to do so.

In short, if a person is attempting to go full NPC for what it gets them rather than what they would rather spend their time doing, they're making a poor decision.

[/Compulsive mathing]
Necrocytosis

Safety - Safety

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full npc still gets blanket for 2 characters if they still qualify for it. Something you otherwise would have to play each character for 8 hours to get.
Fianna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 200 favor full NPCs get to keep is 10 hours' worth, meaning they easily qualify for it anyway. The only times it seemed to factor in were cases it was already adjusted for anyway, so I left it out~

Also, I was told you get doubled blanket (I.E., can get two blankets' worth for one character) after 6 hours of NPCing? I can't find anything in the rulebook or logistic policies document outlining specifics, though...
wytenyte

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a clearer way to say that is that IF you do 6+ hours NPCing, you get one extra blanket for each character that would have got blanket.

If you full-time NPC you get the favour you would have got if you played (the usual 1, 2, or 3 favour) including a second character getting favour if it is under 150 SP.
Fianna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Lonness had described it as "blanket multiplier +1", so there wouldn't be any ambiguity with blanket multipliers from inclement weather / etc.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch