57%
 57%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 40

Cosmos Riot
Name: login to view

Owner - Owner
Web Master - Web Master
Head of Logistics - Head of Logistics

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: July Event Poll Reply with quote

Alright, everyone, we have a serious question to ask you all because we want to accommodate the most players for our summer events as possible so we are polling you guys directly. The reason July hasn't been posted yet because due to availability we are stuck between a Sun Lakes event OR trying out a new site that looks beautiful, would fit Legacies quite nicely but adds a commuting distance to game the likes of which many of our players have never experienced in at least all my years of playing. (I've heard we've gone to an Oregon site once but that was before me) However, unless we absolutely fall in love with the site and we have overwhelming feedback from the way the site is set up this would be a one-time thing.
One of the reasons we are asking is that we have received notice from a growing handful of players that dislike Sun Lakes for various reasons so now is the time to make your opinion known.
Right now this dilemma is only affecting July event and we should be able to have more options after the summer but here we are because summer is the busiest time of the year for the Parks.

Of course the longer we wait on this decision the harder things will be for us so I will be closing this poll Wednesday night to make a decision with the XOs based on the results.

Here is Sun Lakes' info site

&

This is Puffer Butte at Fields Spring State Park

please please do not ask me about any other options because I spent an hour on the phone with the parks trying every possibility. even flagler is booked. These are the only options for July.
Raven Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm going to show my hand here and say that Puffer Butte fits my schedule, pokes my wanderlust, and looks pretty cool.

If it helps anyone:

1. I am a Long-Distance Driving God (feel free to ask Tracy), and

2. I have room for 2 more in the van. If everyone coordinates, packs light, and doesn't mind stuff on their laps, I have room for 4 more. Must be reasonably close to Tacoma (or able to sleep over at my house Thursday night, we have ample parking in a good neighborhood) and able to leave early Friday. If you honestly don't think you can make it that far, I can do it for you.

www.sinistermetalworks.org
Dan H

Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puffer Butte looks interesting and I am in there with Raven on that one. And Ray, I've been to scouters mountian twice now, and looking at the map, I think this may even be further than that. Save maybe for our Canadian players.

These ritual symbols brought to you by: Endrani Ritual Services, "Die Happy" Smile

"I'm gonna go ahead and resist charm on that one.. " .. .. Plazz
Shiladie

Head of Rules - Head of Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna go on a limb and say Puffer Butte will prevent most if not all Canadians from being able to make it to game. Estimated drive times are almost twice as long coming from the border than other sites. This would mean far more driving than game time.
wytenyte

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'd try Puffer Butte ONCE, but only because I like exploring and its the middle of summer holidays. I voted for Sun Lakes mostly because the date works better. (I have another holiday booked on the 29th.)

That said, there is no possible way I could get to Puffer Butte any month other than July or August.
Faenaria

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my break and wont be at July. But wanted to contribute for future consideration of the site. Puffer Butte would not be feasible for me in general, agree that most of the Canadian players will probably not be able/willing to do a drive that is 8 hours with zero traffic or crossing times. I've never had a drive that had NO traffic, often 1-2 hours longer than listed. So a potential for more than 10 hours each way.
Memoria

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Puffer is too far for me. Even Sun Lakes is difficult for me to make sometimes. especially the going back home part after an event. Especially with how many times I have had problems with construction amd stuff crossing the mountains.
John

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I probably wouldn't be able to make it to either of those. :/

That said I would be willing to give Puffer a shot if I can get a ride there.
Kaji

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have never had any issues with Sun Lakes. I love that site actually. Distance wise I would prefer sun lakes but the looks and sounds of a new site is very appealing despite that insane 10ish hour drive. I could probably pull it off but I wouldn't want it to be a regular site.

In the end, for July, I'll say new site but would be okay with sun lakes too :3
I didn't read the forum etiquette page on the TOP of the forum that say that images in signatures are not allowed, so Josh came and fucked with my signature. I will refrain from polluting your internet with my images from this point forward.
sirigoin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since realizing there is a poll I find myself obsessively watching for the decision. I don't care about the site, but the date is vital! July 26-28 I can go. July 5-7 I can't go.

Ray why did you let us see the voting results!?!? This is bad for my ability to focus on anything else! 😉
wytenyte

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there had been an option for Either or Neither. That would have made the results a bit easier to interpret. Next time maybe. Sorry I didn't think of this and suggest it sooner.
KawasakiNinja

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wytenyte wrote:
I wish there had been an option for Either or Neither. That would have made the results a bit easier to interpret. Next time maybe. Sorry I didn't think of this and suggest it sooner.

Don't vote if you're either or neither.
wytenyte

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel: That might have worked if that had been part of the explicit instructions from the beginning. The downside being, that it might seem like both sites were even less popular than they really are.
Jerec

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puffer butte spunds fun
BizarreLittleStar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me they are fairly equidistant so I'd be happy to try out a new site! Ideally for me it wouldn't necessarily replace sunlakes just be added to the roster of sites since, selfishly for me, that would mean i could go to more events since i can justify going to those sites more often. But I do realize that for most of the players its a long drive to both of those sites.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch