Rules AnnouncementSummer Rules Preview 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
Name: login to view

Owner - Owner
Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Summer Rules Preview 2 Reply with quote

An update of the Summer Preview Rulebook can be downloaded in PDF here. The full change list in PDF is here. There aren't a lot of mechanical changes - we dropped the production cost for Scry from 35 to 20, I clarified Glamour against Sanctuary, and I clarified what happens when you are petrified. The rest are mostly edits (if you pointed out a mistake, can you verify I fixed it?)

If there isn't too much in the way of mistakes in this version I'll be publishing the final version in a week or so
KawasakiNinja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alkahest delivery says "Thrown, Applied". Prob should be "Packet, Applied" for consistency.

Also, first sentence of system info for Alkahest says "This Alchemy has two uses. . If targeting..." Seems an extra period & space after "uses".

Intercessor says: "The character receives the Skills Medium and Resurrection. If they do not have the Skill Innate Talent and wish to perform a Resurrection they may directly power these abilities by burning the equivalent Maximum Body (See “When Vala is Exhausted” in “Chapter 6: Vala and Spells). This is the only situation in which a character may use Vala based abilities without having access to Vala. While the character receives Resurrection without spending Skill Points to acquire it, they may still use it as a prerequisite for Theurge."
Doesn't say anything about the ability to create res stones if you have no Innate Talent. Even if you have Innate Talent and no Reserve you still can't afford to make a stone with Vala. So can a person with no Reserve (and Intercessor) make a res stone by burning body between events, or no? (Honestly don't think this'll come up ever, but seems like something to clarify)

Question: Bane & Malediction are the same PP cost as Disintegrate. Why would one ever use Bane or Malediction if you can just Disintegrate for the same resource cost (aside from thematics & what you have on hand)? I guess if you think they have non-magical loot you want to loot them for. Just seems odd to me they're the same cost when like the spell equivalents are different (Exposure & Silence vs. Death).
[Yes, I realize this isn't anything new, I've just never thought about Invocations much before since neither of my characters can use them]

Bane references the old Inferno in its example. "(Example: The Spell Inferno would deal 400 Damage instead of 200, an attack for 20 with a weapon would deal 40)."

Question: If a person is Baned and Exposed, do they take 4x or 3x? I've heard 4x, but there are some game systems that would put it at 3x, so looking for clarity.
Josh

Owner - Owner
Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make res stones by burning body

Bane and Malediction last the entirety of an event. That's a pretty distinct scenario from spells that last 1 and 5 minutes respectively. However, this is one of those situations where the different use cases matter quite a bit, and we maybe over-weighted our consideration for one of the rarer scenarios. In PvP scenarios (which don't happen much), these are both pretty mean things to throw on another player, and potentially much more impactful over the full event than sending them to spirit once. However against NPCs, they much more realistically are "until that NPC is destroyed" which could be a matter of minutes rather than a full event - and you are correct that usually Disintegrate seems like a better option in that encounter.

Bane + Exposure is 4x
KawasakiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarifications. I don't really think of Legacies in terms of PvP, but I see the point there. I mostly think about how things work vs. NPCs.
Josh

Owner - Owner
Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's why I said we over-weighted for a rare scenario. Its something we often have a tendency to do, and its helpful when people point out that we did so
KawasakiNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cremation is listed before Corpus Terra in the chart on pg 140 as well as the write-ups. Seems odd when everything else is alphabetized.

More a formatting thing that looks... weird... but Repel got pushed to the next page in the chart of Invocations. pg 137/138.

Scry in the chart of rituals is still listed at 35 to produce (pg 118).

pg 145 under "Master Crafted Exotic Materials": "Finally, unlike Mithril, Orichalcum, and Adamantine, other exotic materials do not receive the same benefits as Silver or Iron Special Metal items." Gold is missing from this list.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch