Rules AnnouncementSpring 2017 Rulebook - Release copy View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
Name: login to view

Owner - Owner
Web Master - Web Master
Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Spring 2017 Rulebook - Release copy Reply with quote

The Spring 2017 Rulebook is complete and available for download. The rule changes will go into effect April event - this weekend's event will be played under the Winter 2017 rules. Normally I would post this following event, but as I will be out of the country and well away from cell or internet access, I doubt folks want to wait until I'm back for it to be posted.

The first section of the change list covers changes since the preview rulebook. The rest of the change list covers changes since the Winter 2017 rulebook. Thanks to everyone who pointed out flaws, spelling mistakes, etc. - the final release is substantially more polished thanks to your attentiveness. The Logistics spreadsheet has only had one minor change since the last copy was posted a couple weeks ago - since we are getting rid of the ability to envenom Suppress and Thunderstorm, if you want you can trade in those potions. It's optional, as they are still completely valid potions, but we want to give assassin characters the option of getting potions they can use with their trade and everyone else benefits. If you filled out the last spread sheet and don't want to trade in either of those potions, you don't need to grab the new spreadsheet.

Your download links for the resources are:

Rulebook and change list in MS word format

Rulebook in pdf format

Changelist in pdf format

Logistics tradein spreadsheet in excel format

If you don't have excel or having issue with using the spreadsheet, Logistics will have two laptops with it ready to go that you can use at sign in or check out (though I think Ray uses one of the laptops for checkout)

Thanks again to the refs who suffered through a pretty grueling three months to get this out to the players. They put in a lot of their free time and its greatly appreciated. Also, thanks again to all of the players for attending the rollout presentations & pouring through the rulebook to find areas that needed improvement. You all rock
Dan H

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up at Jay's, playing with the trade in sheet on Numbers. Mac built in form of excel, and all of the errors that where mentioned in the preview thread seem to be present.

These ritual symbols brought to you by: Endrani Ritual Services, "Die Happy" Smile

"I'm gonna go ahead and resist charm on that one.. " .. .. Plazz
jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it in OpenOffice, too. I get it if it's just things like drop down lists / validation is missing, or conditional formatting, but when MOST of the formulas imported correctly and SOME of them are weird I have to conclude there's actual errors.

I am not afraid of the dark, for I am a light. The dark is afraid of me.
jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Numbers can't import a worksheet that doesn't have a name, while you're fixing stuff could you give the sheet that has all the vala values and stuff a name pls? OpenOffice has different annoying quirks...

jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it for you:

Item Trade-in Sheet for EXCEL

Item Trade-in Sheet for OPEN OFFICE

Item Trade-in Sheet for NUMBERS

As per the original download, please save as "Lastname, Firstname - Character.xls" (both Numbers and OpenOffice will export to .xls format. Both will tell you they will export to .xlsx format, they are lying lierpants.)

Kaji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Josh. Would just like to double check if the trade in for both +5 damage and spirit link is 100 vala each and trade out for spirit link is 75 while damage +5 is still 100. Is this correct? Also, what is the trade in value for each cloak vs. and permanence on character?
I didn't read the forum etiquette page on the TOP of the forum that say that images in signatures are not allowed, so Josh came and fucked with my signature. I will refrain from polluting your internet with my images from this point forward.
jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the formula for the total vala for on character rituals on all three formats. Same link to download

Cloak vs is 60 each, Permanance is 200 each (same as trade-out values)

Kaji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the fixes Jay. Just so everyone is aware though, it seems the Trade Out page is calculating vala per purchase of a spell enchant rather then the number of uses. Little confusing when the Trade in Calculates the other way around.
I didn't read the forum etiquette page on the TOP of the forum that say that images in signatures are not allowed, so Josh came and fucked with my signature. I will refrain from polluting your internet with my images from this point forward.
tabrumj

Safety - Safety

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not appear that Cloak Vs. is calculating on the Trade out sheet.
Master Photius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no trade out for Permanent ritual symbols, This kinda needs to be on there as every single ritual has changed names and whatnot. I can also just put em in the special metal light source slot, as it is 100 production

"Kobold with mace is not kobold, It is Lugo! Dont hit!"
Anna

Owner - Owner
Logistics - Logistics
Head of Plot - Head of Plot
World - World/Character Ref

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most trustworthy solutions to any and all errors experienced is going to be uploading the excel document to OneDrive, and using the native in-browser Microsoft Excel to edit and save your file, when used in this fashion it should work properly - I have been unable to replicate any of the errors described while using MSOffice, and thankfully it is freely available in this fashion.

Other issues will need to wait a couple days for hotfix, when Josh gets back on domestic soil.
tabrumj

Safety - Safety

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the errors I have encountered have been in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel 2013, because my work is too cheap to have the most updated version.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch