New Member saying hello View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rose
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: New Member saying hello Reply with quote

Hello!
My name is Natalia, and I am hoping to get to know this group and this LARP. What would be most awesome is if I could come for the first time as an NPC. Is that possible? Also, where is Fort Hayes?
Thanks!
Spruce / Baron

Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Natalia, glad to have you!

We have a certain number of dedicated full NPCs every event, you can register as such here when you preregister for event: https://www.legacieslarp.org/gamemenu/prereg.php

Also, before registering as a full NPC, email the plot team at plot@legacieslarp.org to let them know that you want to be an NPC, that way they can make sure we don't have too many.

Fort Hayes is an In Game location, which we most frequently represent at the Coronet Bay retreat center near Oak Harbor, Washington. Google-Maps-ing Fort Hayes will not get you much, I'm afraid.

The directions to the site can be found here: https://www.legacieslarp.org/gamemenu/sites.php?id=13

Looking forward to getting to know you! We also have a facebook group and a discord if you want to keep in touch through those.

The facebook can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/135395873225137/

And PM any of us if you want an invite link to the discord!
wytenyte

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Welcome to Legacies - Bring extra Socks" is the official welcome line ... but you are truly welcome ... and should actually bring extra socks.

NPC-ing is a great way to see how the game works, but you can do some of that and still have a character too if you want.

Advantage of NPCing is that you don't have to commit to a specific character, but the disadvantage is that you will need to be able to play several different characters.

As a PC you get more opportunity to talk to the other PCs and life a life in the world which can be fun too.

Either way, hope you have fun. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for advice or help. We ALL need to sometimes, and we ALL had to a LOT at the beginning.
Jaminshick

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the above, the members of the rules team (such as myself) are always willing to help with any questions you may have about different rulings. And if there are enough new players at game, we will have a miniature mod that you will be able to go on that will help explain basic mechanics and things like that.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch