December 2018 - The Nightmare Before Christmas View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirRealism
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: December 2018 - The Nightmare Before Christmas Reply with quote

Post them if you've got them.
Casstifer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hissed at Archie, and he gave me sass. Razz

I threw a bunch of packets, while Krampus was stuffing a dhampari into his sack and terrorizing the town.

I found a snake... or did it find me? <.<
Dan H

Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun event for Dan, for Michael, he is looking at himself going "What the f*** am I thinking?"

Had a moment where he was putting things together real quick, just about one step ahead of the others. It is amazing what one little piece of the puzzle can do for you. Then, just everything else that happened just confirmed the theory that he had.

Next up, got to use Renewal for the first time. At res pull bag time, the Gods, "So sorry, this person time is up"

Michael's response, "Ummm, no."

Saturday afternoon, looking at Hans as he is playing "the mayor" after he said, "oh good, you figured it out" and watching the players not catch it. He looks at Michael and Michael just smirks with a knowing look. Han's look becomes pointed and Michael just stares right back. The one work between them was "Yup". The only thing that could have made that better would have been if Michael had just shrugged with a "What can I say? They will get it eventually" look.

And then Michael's career choices. I never thought he would be the one to step up for gladiatorial combat. Which he did, even though he knew he wasn't a fighter. Even though he knew it was a bad idea. Even though he knew he didn't belong there. I think everyone was thinking the same thing. "Michael, what the F*** are you doing?" I know I was.

The last fight, looking in there and going, "they are so dead" and being shocked and surprised when the team won.

Earlier in the day, keeping three of the blizzard throwing NPC's outside with the whip. Now I know how a lion tamer feels. Cool Shocked Embarassed

Late at night, playing 31 for questions. Having shadowcats show up. Look around. "They can't get in the Tavern, who's deal is it?"

Fun game.

These ritual symbols brought to you by: Endrani Ritual Services, "Die Happy" Smile

"I'm gonna go ahead and resist charm on that one.. " .. .. Plazz
Raven Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding woogie magic (because apparently that's a technical term now) to a reincarnate ritual. So the ritual would bring Farren back and suck the waste corruption off her spirit. A two-for-one! Bonus: Raven now has a jar of waste corruption. Very Happy Which lead to various questions, like: "Why are you keeping that?" and "Did you just dump the rest of that outside the door?"

Repeatedly insisting Lidna doesn't have a mayor.

I was totally stoked, IG and OOG, that the newer players managed to kill the final boss. Couldn't have asked for a better end to the mod.

www.sinistermetalworks.org
Cpl. Christopher Smith
user: J Mo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toph went into Lidna proper a few times to confirm with his own eyes some of the more wild stories he was hearing from people about the craziness going on there. Each time, at least one person whose door he knocked on would swing it open wildly and start yelling something like, "What the hell do you Fortnighters want now! Oh, uh... sorry, soldier."

"Quite alright. I spend enough time around Fortnighters, and am used to this initial reaction by now." ^_^
Djonin

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The players always kidnap Reilley NPCs. If you're HoP and need a hint dropped in the players' laps, send Reilley out as a suitably pathetic NPC and you'll have a good chance they'll adopt him instead of murdering him.
KawasakiNinja

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djonin wrote:
The players always kidnap Reilley NPCs. If you're HoP and need a hint dropped in the players' laps, send Reilley out as a suitably pathetic NPC and you'll have a good chance they'll adopt him instead of murdering him.

Reilley's the new Jesse?
Spruce / Baron

Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(As Baron, not as Spruce, since I didn't play Spruce this event) (might not be entirely accurate, as I have a horrible time remembering exactly what happened during fights)

So, there I was, lined up with Team Trickster, the self-proclaimed underdog team, at the beginning for the final fight, counting enemies. One undead in front of me, two demons in front of my teammates, knowing that the last Boss was an undead. As we're waiting for Enemy #4, I start hoping that the last one is the boss, and the one in front of me is just a minion.

No such luck, I'm afraid. I immediately activate my Proxy Thunderstorm, and try to fry the undeath out of this death knight.

Turns out, my effective throwing range and my unwillingness to let it get close to me don't interact well. RIP, smoking hole where the back wall used to be.

Big N' Scary quickly realized that I was out of lightning, and decided to advance. I decided I didn't like that, and backed up, trying to disarm him of his shield as he tried to disarm me of my life. Shield must've been very tightly gripped, as I had zero luck, and despite finally remembering to use my parries, things were looking bad, time to get out of harm's way.

Flubbed an attempt to use my emergency backup plan (forgot that I don't have a grimault), and nimbly ducked away when he got distracted by someone else. That someone else was a teammate now taking far too much damage, so I stepped back in, and made a second attempt at disarming that shield. Clearly, the lesson of "don't try and disarm him, it won't work" hadn't sunk in. But, I got his attention back, so that was useful.

However, I didn't necessarily want his attention back, so I pulled out my other emergency plan, pixie dust. Turns out, this particular undead was actually not immune to it, so I got a nice breather until a teammate whacked him.

Back to the usual dance, of me blocking and parrying, and him trying his best to stop me. As I was wielded by the enchanted buckler I'd borrowed (thank you!!), my teammates finished up their fights, and came to help me actually injure the darn thing.

Four against one is not bad odds at all, and we took him down. With a final three person coup-de-gras (and moral support, from me), down goes the boss, and up go the cheers!

And that, ladies, gentlemen, and distinguished beings, is the tale of how Team Trickster's "luck" player distracted a death knight, then promptly went off for some healing and a strong drink.

Now, if only I'd rememberd that I'd had a barrier this whole time...
Arwyn Smith
user: chaoswolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things still need to happen. Stuff still needs to be done. I didn't get to stab anything with an inferno strike, but the reincarnate I watched was successful.

Things to do:
- make ingots of the special metals for ritual components.
- Finish the handing off of the things.
- Organize the guard stash a bit better
- Make a box (and physrep it) for the guard stash's extra stuff.
- Finish learning how to ward things

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch