Taking a Break
Home > Forum Index > General Game Discussions > Taking a Break

Faenaria
Hey
Wanted to let people know that I will be taking a bit of a break from Legacies during the long stretch at Brooks. I just can't manage that drive every single month out from BC, especially with gas prices and the exchange rate as they are. Even carpooling and not having to drive, it's just exhausting being on the road that long. I literally felt the stress pile on when I saw the list update.

That being said, I have pm'd a number of people that I have ongoing things happening with, and plot, and may drag myself to one or two games in that time, I just can't promise regular attendance. I will miss you guys terribly and hopefully some games at Millers will pop up for the winter and I will be back more regularly.
Love you all!
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 am

Reply with quote  Back to top

KawasakiNinja
Rules
I'm also going to have to take a break during the summer. I'm gonna go to the April Brooks game, but then I just can't do 4 in a row. The drive is far too long from Canuckland, and while it's not as bad as Sun Lakes (which I will never go to again no matter the time of year) it's still a desert in the middle of summer. And has limited places a person can set up a cpap machine.

So, I'll be around April/May, but then disappearing until the fall I guess. Will miss you all during that time, but still got 2 events until then.
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:36 pm

tabrumj
I will be going to April Game, but I am not a fan of Brooks in the summer, so June - September are all highly unlikely.
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Meg
Owner
Could we possibly look into trying Coronet Bay again?

I appreciate the fact that our site choices are limited due to scheduling; but, in all honesty - this many Brooks events in a row leaves me less than thrilled. If my character was not in a position of responsibility, I would likely not be attending these events as well. (Much like Daniel, I will never again go to Sun Lakes. I consider it to be far too dangerous a site. Pretty for camping; but, crap for LARPing.)

Brooks is less than ideal for plot. It doesn't have the space or town feeling that Millers and to a lesser extent that Coronet Bay has. All of plot's preparations are generally in view and so mods and things being sent out have less of an impact or surprise because of it. This is a continuing issue/concern. I understand that sometimes being able to make do is a thing. But this?

This leaves me with that 'this is not okay' feeling. :/
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Skywind
I may be unable to attend my self If I can not find a ride... And with the outher Canada people pulling out... my options are limited
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:38 pm

wytenyte
Rules
As much as I hate the heat, I have definitely enjoyed both Brooks and Sun Lakes, even in summer. However, the drive requires me to devote the whole of Friday, and all of Sunday evening in transportation which I just can't do with my current work schedule.

I will attend in May, July, and August, but not April, June, and September (if September exists ... maybe that will be August #2?).

I'll see if I can arrange a better work schedule after that.
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 am

Josh
Web Master
I know Brooks is a bit of a drive for folks (except for the Eastern Wa folks that are rejoicing), but its a really pretty site and the heat isn't anywhere near as bad as Sun Lakes - usually high 80s instead of pushing 100
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 am

Shiladie
Head of Rules
While in the past when Daniel hasn't been able to drive I've worked out alternate rides, I'm in the same boat regarding Brooks this summer.

After May I'll be out until the fall as well.
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Shiladie
Head of Rules
With something coming up meaning I won't be at the May event, it looks like I'll be out for most of the year.
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Kim
I also probably won't attend, there is the drive when I have to work sundays but also the lack of plug ins for my c-pap at the cabins at brooks. I wish all the fun to the folks that go, and understand issues of summer and getting the better camp grounds.
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:28 pm

Expand Menu Rulebook Game Setting Character Management Forum Log InRegister
close dialog Login

Forgot User ID or Password?

close dialog Register

By registering users agree to abide by this website's Terms of Use

close dialog Character Management

All requests to create a new character or make changes to existing characters is handled by emailing Logistics. When creating a new character or making significant changes to an existing character players should use the Character card maker. For more minor changes players may just describe the change that they wish to make, for example "I wish to spend 200 favor to buy Skill points, and use those skill points to buy 3 purchases of the Skill Reserve". The email should contain the player's name, and if it is an update to an existing character, the character name as it appears on the character card - Logistics may not be aware of which character a nick name goes to.

Players should also email Logistics with Character Production (Items the character is making with Skills such as Smith, Alchemist, or Spell Wright) for the upcoming month so that Logistics is able to make the Item Tags in advance. For example "I wish to use my 50 Smith production to make a standard crafted 1 handed weapon".

Production and Character Updates MUST be submitted no later than the Friday prior to the event in order to provide Logistics sufficient time to complete the request prior to event, unless Logistics has specifically announced a different policy for a specific event (for example, if events are only 2 weeks apart Logistics often allows submissions into the week of event).
close dialog Upcoming Events

Fri Jun 12 2020 to Sun Jun 14 2020

Fri Jul 24 2020 to Sun Jul 26 2020

Fri Aug 28 2020 to Sun Aug 30 2020