Taking a Break View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faenaria
Name: login to view

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Taking a Break Reply with quote

Hey
Wanted to let people know that I will be taking a bit of a break from Legacies during the long stretch at Brooks. I just can't manage that drive every single month out from BC, especially with gas prices and the exchange rate as they are. Even carpooling and not having to drive, it's just exhausting being on the road that long. I literally felt the stress pile on when I saw the list update.

That being said, I have pm'd a number of people that I have ongoing things happening with, and plot, and may drag myself to one or two games in that time, I just can't promise regular attendance. I will miss you guys terribly and hopefully some games at Millers will pop up for the winter and I will be back more regularly.
Love you all!
KawasakiNinja

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also going to have to take a break during the summer. I'm gonna go to the April Brooks game, but then I just can't do 4 in a row. The drive is far too long from Canuckland, and while it's not as bad as Sun Lakes (which I will never go to again no matter the time of year) it's still a desert in the middle of summer. And has limited places a person can set up a cpap machine.

So, I'll be around April/May, but then disappearing until the fall I guess. Will miss you all during that time, but still got 2 events until then.
tabrumj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going to April Game, but I am not a fan of Brooks in the summer, so June - September are all highly unlikely.
Meg

Owner - Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we possibly look into trying Coronet Bay again?

I appreciate the fact that our site choices are limited due to scheduling; but, in all honesty - this many Brooks events in a row leaves me less than thrilled. If my character was not in a position of responsibility, I would likely not be attending these events as well. (Much like Daniel, I will never again go to Sun Lakes. I consider it to be far too dangerous a site. Pretty for camping; but, crap for LARPing.)

Brooks is less than ideal for plot. It doesn't have the space or town feeling that Millers and to a lesser extent that Coronet Bay has. All of plot's preparations are generally in view and so mods and things being sent out have less of an impact or surprise because of it. This is a continuing issue/concern. I understand that sometimes being able to make do is a thing. But this?

This leaves me with that 'this is not okay' feeling. :/

Discord: JubieMeg#8306
Skywind

Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be unable to attend my self If I can not find a ride... And with the outher Canada people pulling out... my options are limited
wytenyte

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hate the heat, I have definitely enjoyed both Brooks and Sun Lakes, even in summer. However, the drive requires me to devote the whole of Friday, and all of Sunday evening in transportation which I just can't do with my current work schedule.

I will attend in May, July, and August, but not April, June, and September (if September exists ... maybe that will be August #2?).

I'll see if I can arrange a better work schedule after that.
Josh

Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Brooks is a bit of a drive for folks (except for the Eastern Wa folks that are rejoicing), but its a really pretty site and the heat isn't anywhere near as bad as Sun Lakes - usually high 80s instead of pushing 100
Shiladie

Head of Rules - Head of Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While in the past when Daniel hasn't been able to drive I've worked out alternate rides, I'm in the same boat regarding Brooks this summer.

After May I'll be out until the fall as well.
Shiladie

Head of Rules - Head of Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With something coming up meaning I won't be at the May event, it looks like I'll be out for most of the year.
Kim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also probably won't attend, there is the drive when I have to work sundays but also the lack of plug ins for my c-pap at the cabins at brooks. I wish all the fun to the folks that go, and understand issues of summer and getting the better camp grounds.

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch