Fortnight Crest
Home > Forum Index > General Game Discussions > Fortnight Crest

Necrocytosis
Safety
I was wondering if I could get a pattern that was used on the standard and crest of fortnight that was given to us last event. I would like to sew my own onto a shield cover.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:06 am

Reply with quote  Back to top

Josh
Web Master
here is a copy though the edges are pretty rough since its fairly blown up from the original size
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:20 am

J Mo
How would you properly describe this? "Sable, a wolf rampant?"
Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Necrocytosis
Safety
Thank you, I can fix any pixelation in paint pretty easily.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Renloth
Safety World
I'd say "A wolf rampent, black on a sable field".

EDIT: What Josh said.

Last edited by Renloth on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Josh
Web Master
It is argent on a sable background. The wolf is not outlined, it is filled in
Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

J Mo
'Sable' is heraldic terminology for 'black'. 'Argent' is 'silver', but very often drawn as white. To be clear, the wolf is white, and the background is black?

Is the image you linked, Josh, just alternate facts? Wink

Honestly, the point of my question was to determine if it was, in fact, a wolf and not a lion, because those things often have similar outlines in heraldry. I think the right way to describe it is, "Sable, a wolf rampant on an argent field."

Last edited by J Mo on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:06 pm

James
Rules
That would be the correct description of the image Josh linked and presumably used as a reference, but the actual crest is as described - Argent on Sable. Hopefully someone has a picture of the actual one Josh made.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:13 pm

J Mo
So, this, but more clearly a wolf? Okay... neat! I don't think I ever knew that... ^_^

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Josh
Web Master
I used metallic silver coloring for the crest, and Anna found silver cloth for the banner, but white on black would be just as valid

The graphic was just the base png I used for the wolf shape. No editing to reflect the actual colors.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

J Mo
I'm sorry to dominate this thread, but it has really piqued my interest. Is the rampant wolf a vestigial holdover from the old Lady, Anastazi? (Maybe I got her name a tad wrong, but it's been years since I last heard it.)
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Meg
Owner
J Mo wrote:
I'm sorry to dominate this thread, but it has really piqued my interest. Is the rampant wolf a vestigial holdover from the old Lady, Anastazi? (Maybe I got her name a tad wrong, but it's been years since I last heard it.)

Nope. The person who suggested it wasn't even playing when she was around; but, it is possible that other characters make that association.
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Josh
Web Master
here is a rough approximation of what the crest actually looks like Jonathan
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:26 am

• Page 1 of 1
  •   
Expand Menu Rulebook Game Setting Character Management Forum Log InRegister
close dialog Login

Forgot User ID or Password?

close dialog Register

By registering users agree to abide by this website's Terms of Use

close dialog Character Management

All requests to create a new character or make changes to existing characters is handled by emailing Logistics. When creating a new character or making significant changes to an existing character players should use the Character card maker. For more minor changes players may just describe the change that they wish to make, for example "I wish to spend 200 favor to buy Skill points, and use those skill points to buy 3 purchases of the Skill Reserve". The email should contain the player's name, and if it is an update to an existing character, the character name as it appears on the character card - Logistics may not be aware of which character a nick name goes to.

Players should also email Logistics with Character Production (Items the character is making with Skills such as Smith, Alchemist, or Spell Wright) for the upcoming month so that Logistics is able to make the Item Tags in advance. For example "I wish to use my 50 Smith production to make a standard crafted 1 handed weapon".

Production and Character Updates MUST be submitted no later than the Friday prior to the event in order to provide Logistics sufficient time to complete the request prior to event, unless Logistics has specifically announced a different policy for a specific event (for example, if events are only 2 weeks apart Logistics often allows submissions into the week of event).
close dialog Upcoming Events