Immersion Suggestions \ Ideas View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renloth
Name: login to view

Plot - Plot
Safety - Safety
World - World/Character Ref

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Immersion Suggestions \ Ideas Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I wanted to post here and open a thread for any ideas, suggestions, or solicitations of donations that might be used to make our immersion experience better.

I appreciate any feedback that the playership might have, and really desire to make the game a better place that really snaps you into the setting of the game.
Meg

Owner - Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to substitute painted drop cloth or tapestries in place of the vinyl? The wall vinyl is now in such disrepair I'm not sure it makes anything look better.

Drop cloth is harder to hang yes - but mallets and push pins may help. Tapestries are a little less coordinated but do a job in a pinch and don't look quite so garish.

Also - is there something that can be done to help make sure the light sources last event? I noticed some of them were done in at the end of Friday Night.

Discord: JubieMeg#8306
strag34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be looking at all the light sources and seeing what i can do.
strag34

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMB!

Just wanted to hear from the community any ideas or thoughts on what we can do to help Immersion, Hanz and I have many ideas but we still want to hear your.
Dan H

Plot - Plot

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light sources that die quickly are the smaller tavern lanterns. it may be the type of rechargeable battery used, or it may be the fact that the circuit in the lantern is just that inefficient.

I know that the combined voltage rating on the four batteries used is about .8V less than the voltage rating of the light bulb. But, that is because the batteries themselves are like .2V less than standard D batteries.

The last thing I will put out there is the batteries are a few years old as well.

These ritual symbols brought to you by: Endrani Ritual Services, "Die Happy" Smile

"I'm gonna go ahead and resist charm on that one.. " .. .. Plazz
jay

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the dirty power at Delezene fried 'em pretty good.

In short: Yes, the way to make the lights last longer is to buy more rechargable batteries. Either need to replace them with better quality batteries (e.g. Duracell rather than no-name-discount-brand), or have enough to be able to swap them out halfway through event.

Something that may help a bit is to turn them off when they're not being used, but considering how rarely people bus their own plates or sort their recycling, I'm skeptical of this group's willingness to turn off the lights when they leave.

I am not afraid of the dark, for I am a light. The dark is afraid of me.
KawasakiNinja

Rules - Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So end of game you guys talked about wanting a few items unique to each site. I think that's an awesome idea. Also, I really liked the world map prop. If I could suggest...

...use the world map in Fort Night, and have a Dracenvelt (i spelt that wrong) map in Crossroads with all the roads/paths on it. I just think that would make a lot of sense as the Crossroads is a trade hub between cities.
Josh

Web Master - Web Master

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need a reference for the Drackenvelt map: http://legacieslarp.org/uploads/DrackenveltBeta.png

© 2011
Legacies LARP
Register •  Contact •  Log In 
Forum Links
Forum IndexForum Index
terms of useForum/Website Policies
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
terms of useSearch